Did You Know These ....
By Livingdead90 (Own work) [CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Historical Facts About Moreno Valley
- Moreno Valley was incorporated as General Law City on December 3, 1984 combing Moreno, Sunnymead and Edgemont
- 5 member elected City Council governs the city-amidst California’s expanding cities, Moreno Valley is the second most populous city in Riverside County
- Growth can be attributed to quality housing as well as affordable and life improving amenities and facilities.
- Moreno Valley is a city with an amazing future and it comprises retail destinations as well as shopping centers in the neighborhood.
- There are numerous new business and positive growth to create the perfect quality of life for residents and visitors.
- For entertainment, dining and recreational as well as cultural experiences, Moreno Valley is the prime city for tourists from within the United States as well as across the world.
- Moreno Valley is a city with a massively bright future and the 50 square mile community has big city amenities including contemporary retail destinations and neighbourhood shopping sites. There are numerous options for entertainment, cultural, recreational and dining amenities.
- Moreno Valley comprises communities in the city dating back to the 1800s.
Geographical and Demographic Facts About Moreno Valley
- The young population of Moreno Valley totals 203,266 and will exceed 215, 000 by the year 2019. Moreno Valley is the second largest city in Riverside County and the fourth biggest in the inland empire.
- A massive percentage of Moreno valley comprises Hispanic people. Whites, Asian Americans, African Americans and others constitute the result of the population.
- Shopping, movie theaters and musical entertainment as well as museums are available in the city.
- Moreno Valley has a temperate climate and the average high is 76 degrees while the average low is 49 degrees.
- Housing options are plenty and the school district meets the education requirements of the population in the city.
- The city’s market reach comprises nearly 2.8 million persons and daytime population is flourishing with the industrial development in Moreno Valley.
- With Moreno Valley residents working close to home there is local job growth on an unprecedented scale. Ontario International Airport is close to 30 minutes away and serves leading airlines.
- The inter modal rail facility is close to 18 miles and comprises two major ports namely the Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach.
- Moreno Valley has experienced over 450 percent growth in population in less than a decade and fast growth is associated with affordable housing.
- This city was identified in 1991 as the fastest growing city in the nation.
- US Census Bureau has said Moreno Valley covers a total area of 51.5 square miles of which 5.3 square miles is land and 0.2 square miles is water.
- Moreno Valley is located at a junction to the east of which lies the San Gorgonio Pass and Coachella Valley. Southwards are Lake Perris, Perris, San Jacinto Mountains and San Diego. Towards the west are the Riverside and LA and Orange countries while to the north is the San Bernardino Valley and San Bernardino Mountains.
Polity And Government Fast Facts About
- Moreno Valley was incorporated as a general law city in the 1980s and it was governed by a council manager government.
- Current city council comprises 5 district heads and the Mayor as well as the Mayor Pro Tem.
- The most recent Comprehensive Annual Financial Report namely the city’s numerous funds have close to USD 243.3 million in terms of revenue as well as USD 132.8 million in expenditure as well as USD 1076.3 million in complete assets.
- As per state legislators, Moreno Valley is the 31st District Senate and a 61st Assembly district.
- It is associated with the Riverside County Sheriff department for enforcement of law.
- Fun Filled and Interesting Fast Facts About Moreno Valley.
- Moreno Valley has been growing since before it was incorporated in the 1980s, and it is located within the Inland Empire within hour’s drive of LA.
- March Air Reserve Base is located just outside of the city and it has a wide range of planes and fighter jetsand there are 10,364 businesses operating here.
- Average worker in Moreno Valley travels around thirty five minutes one way on the trip to work.
- Maximum number of students graduate from high school in the county in this city.
- Moreno Valley Mall is a wonderful choice offering a multitude of stores, restaurants and theaters.